Ghanta Ghar is located very near to the Rumi Darwaza, also called Hussainabad Clock Tower. Built in 1881 by the Britisher and designed by Roskell Payne. This 67 m-high clock tower on the river Gomti, is the tallest clock tower in India. The 221-foot tall structure was erected by Nawab Nasir-ud-din Haider to mark the arrival of Sir George Couper, 1st Lieutenant Governor of United Province of Avadh in the year 1887 at a cost of Rs. 1.75 lakhs. The tower has European style artwork. The parts of the clock is built of pure gunmetal and the pendulum hangs 14 feet. The dial of this clock is shaped like a 12-petalled flower and has bells around it.